The latest network queries circulated for this service are listed below.
If you would like more information about any of these queries or want to submit a response, please email Vickie Hacking.
Network queries from previous years are available on the links at the bottom of the page.
CAT0237 - Contracts with caterers for event catering - 110719
A Member Authority are currently reviewing their contract with the preferred caterers for event catering. The Member Authority are seeking information on the arrangements that other authorities have in place with the caterers, in particular if a commission is charged and what percentage is this charged at?
CAT0236 - Food allergies and school meal provision - 110719
A Member authority are currently seeking information regarding food allergies and school meal provision. The Member Authority are specifically interested in the following:-
1. With regard to food allergies, does any authority only provide special diets for the 14 main food allergens as set out in the EU FIC Food Information for Consumers Regulation?
2. Does any authority refuse to provide a meal for a pupil with an air-borne allergy?
3. Would any authority refuse to provide a meal for a UIFSM pupils if the allergy is complex or not one of the 14 specified allergens?
CAT0235 - Local authority Catering Primary Authority Partnerships - 210619
A member Council School & Residential Care Catering service has formed a Primary Authority Partnership with a neighbouring Council’s Environmental Health Dept. for the purposes of monitoring and testing the compliance of the catering service against the legal requirements of a Food Business Operator and in order to drive strategic improvements.
Have any other LA Caterers formed a Primary Authority Partnership and if so, would you be willing to discuss your experiences of this?
CAT0234 - Precautionary Allergen Labelling ‘May Contain’ and School Meals - 110419
The use of precautionary ‘may contain’ allergen labelling in prepacked food is widespread and is most probably being supplied to local authorities on a daily basis and this presents a particular challenge when providing meals comprising multiple ingredients to schools, nurseries, care homes etc.
This authority would like to ask other local authorities how they address the issue of precautionary ‘may contain’ allergen labelling in the school meals context?
CAT0233 - VAT costs on Meals on Wheels provision - 070319
A member authority is seeking information regarding VAT and meals on wheels provision and are keen to ascertain the following:-
1. Has your local authority benchmarked VAT costs or Meal on Wheels as a result of trading outside of their statutory area.
2. What particular business rules apply when setting the VAT costing.