The latest network queries circulated for this service are listed below.
If you would like more information about any of these queries or want to submit a response, please email Rob Bailey.
BC0103 - Cleaning Products – 270315
A member authority is reviewing its cleaning product usage
Please could you give details of the cleaning products / suppliers you utilise across your Authority
· Multi-Purpose Cleaner
· Toilet Cleaner/Descaler
· Floor Maintainer
BC0100 / CAT0153 - Safety shoes - 161214
We are seeking local authority catering and cleaning policy on the use of safety shoes
Please confirm what you do in relation to the following:
• Health and safety assessment
• Providing guidance for staff on appropriate shoes
• Expect staff to provide their own shoes
• Provide part payment for those wishing to buy their own shoes
• Issue shoes to all that request them
• Make provided shoes mandatory
BC0090 - A shared janitorial service – 060514
This local authority would like to know if any other APSE members in Scotland have introduced a shared janitor service?
C0089 - Window Cleaning services – 020514
This local authority would like to hear from APSE members with regards to window cleaning services, in particular:-
· Does your local authority have in-house window cleaning?
· If so, do they have a Job Description that can be shared?
Does the Job Description incorporate the following?
· Internal and external window cleaning
· Commercial Cleans
· Car Valeting
· Cleaning of Bus Shelters
· What pay grade (band) does the Window Cleaner fall under?
C0088 - Building Cleaning Frequencies - listed buildings
A member authority is seeking to review the cleaning arrangements for its main municipal buildings - It is especially interested in the listed buildings within their estate, several of which are Grade 1 listed.
Please can you supply detail of frequency and specification for your older/listed buildings.
Charges for Supply Caretakers - BC0087/240214
A member authority is reviewing the charges made to schools for peripatetic caretakers.
You may also know them as supply or pool caretakers - those who cover leave and sickness absences.
Please can you supply the following: