£249+VAT (APSE members) £429+VAT (Non-members)
“Your responsibilities and liabilities “
APSE is delighted to bring this CDM Refresher masterclass to the virtual classroom, in conjunction with our partners Pinsent Masons. The CDM Regulations (2015) legislation made important changes to the roles and responsibilities for the client, designer and contractor/principal contractor. The new role of Principal Designer was introduced as part of the regulations.
“Council fined after fatal accident”
This course has been reintroduced in response to the ongoing prosecutions of local authorities for breaches of health and safety regulations.
The sessions will cover:
· A refresher on the regulations and guidance from the HSE
· A review of the roles and responsibilities for CDM duty holder e.g. client, principal designer, principal contractor, contractor
· A check on how your council should have applied the new roles and responsibilities for duty holders
· Workshops to ensure you are correctly assessing competency, co-ordination and management
· How has this been working in practice – HSE view
· An update on case law and sentencing guidelines
Who should attend?
The course will be relevant to those involved in delivering functional services across the authority, such as service heads, front line managers, policy officers, health and safety officers and trade union representatives or anyone interested in gaining a practical understanding of the key areas covered.
Who will benefit from this course?
Managers with responsibility for a series of projects or who manage programmes, either in a Programme Management Office (PMO) or part of a stand-alone service: directors, heads of service, service managers and those who are at the beginning of their programme management career.
This course is offered as a full day or as two half days.
Morning sessions: 09:00 Start 12:00 Finish
Afternoon session: 13:00 Start 16:00 Finish
Click on the buttons for more information about the course
Complete the booking form below to reserve your place!