£249+VAT (APSE members) £429+VAT (Non-members)
The parks industry has been changing at a pace, with significant new requirements being placed on those at all levels in the profession. Demands are increasing and resources dwindling. Professionals are showing resilience, determination and innovation and this is being captured in a new course being offered by APSE Training.
This particular course is the first in what is expected to become a suite of advanced modules for senior parks professionals. Focussing on sustainable funding, it provides an insight into the key issues and best practice techniques for creating a more sustainable basis for future funding. The course includes:
· Commercialisation - business planning
· Risk management - the commercial environment
· Alternative funding sources
· Income generation - traditional sources v blue sky thinking
This interactive course will share best practice and experiences and follows on from the popular, well-received course for senior managers.
By the end of this session you will:
· Analyse the main financial pressures currently facing the industry and management
· Evaluate the skills and techniques required to establish or improve commercial ventures in a parks environment
· Appraise the main principles of effective financial management
· Consider and be able to access alternative funding sources
· Critique and be able to develop higher level income generation activities
· Plan action to improve your performance
Who Will Benefit?
Those who are already senior managers or are looking to develop their careers to secure more senior positions such as:
· Senior managers who need to find potential solutions to financial pressures
· Operational managers who want to move to a more holistic role
· Those who want to understand the wider issues facing the parks industry
This course will be delivered online via Microsoft Teams. To access it, you will need a WiFi connection or mobile data hotspot. Downloading Microsoft Teams to your laptop, desktop or smart device will give a better performance and greater functionality throughout the day. This highly interactive training includes a mixture of presentations, video conferencing, group work, games, quizzes and video.
This course is offered as a full day or as two half days.
Morning sessions: 09:00 Start 12:00 Finish
Afternoon sessions: 13:00 Start 16:00 Finish
Click on the buttons for more information about the course
Complete the booking form below to reserve your place!