Alternative Fuels and Transport Compliance Seminar
Friday 30 September 2016
Leeds Civic Hall
This unique event will explain two main themes in the transport sector; alternative fuels and issues of transport compliance.
Bringing together expert speakers from across the sector and wider public services thisevent is designed to allow both a practical learning environment and a networking opportunity between colleagues in other APSE Northern councils.
We will explore:-
• How Leeds City Council has taken a ground-breaking approach to emission reductions with its own approach and fleet management strategy
• The need for emission reductions and the impact of emissions on public health
• Technical and manufacturing developments in compressed natural gas and electric vehicles
• The use of low emission and clean air zones
Then exploring issues of compliance for frontline fleet and transport managers we will
• The role of FTA and compliance issues
• DVSA enforcement issues
• Ergonomic driving from an HSE perspective
• Awareness and consideration of community cycling and cyclists
We will then round up with next steps solutions for local authorities.
Councillor Lucinda Yeadon, Deputy Leader and Executive Member for Environment and Sustainability, Leeds City Council) and Neil Evans, Director of Environment and Housing, Leeds City Council
Dr Paul Whitaker, NHS Leeds
Philip Chance, Mercedes
Chris Brown, CMA EV Manager, Lookers Motors
Jim Chappell, Divisional Manager, Freight and Fleet, Transport & Travel Research Ltd
Andrew Jewitt, Contract Manager, Scotland & North East England (Vehicle Inspection Services Freight Transport Association) FTA
Paul Berriman, DVSA
Becky James, Team Leader – Road Safety (Education, Training and Publicity), and when Chymera, Project Officer, Leeds City Council