Looking for an interim manager?
In order to help you decide if an interim manager is the best solution for you, have a look through the links on the right. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this further.
Below is detailed the process that APSE used to source an interim manager recently for a Northern Metropolitan Borough Council – Waste Services Manager:
- Enquiry: APSE was approached by the client to provide an interim Environment and Waste Services Manager to cover the post holder’s maternity leave on Tuesday.
- Brief: APSE arranged a convenient time to speak to the client on Wednesday, to create a comprehensive brief.
- Selection: APSE matched suitable interims from our detailed database to provide the best candidates to the authority. APSE had an in depth discussion with all to negotiate the best rate for the authority, and to check availability.
- Selection: On Friday APSE provided the authority with five experienced candidates, along with a proposal for interim support
- Interview: The authority decided that they would like to speak to two of the APSE interim managers, and a time was set for interview. In this case the interims were asked to prepare a presentation to show how their experience would benefit the authority
- Success: An APSE interim was chosen and a start date was decided which allowed for a handover period
- Since starting, the APSE interim has been involved in a number of projects, as well as managing the waste strategy team. This has included the following
- Writing and then using the extreme weather plan during the snow in winter 2010.
- Reviewing the waste and recycling action plan.
- Rectifying a £0.25 million overspend
- Identifying a potential £160,000 extra savings
- Reviewing recycling performance and recommending future areas which should be addressed