TVM0159 - Protecting unattended vehicles - 050116
This local authority would like to know if any colleagues are using a system (such as Drivelock) to secure refuse vehicles? These systems enable the driver to leave the engine running whilst operating ancillary equipment and immobilises the vehicle if an unauthorised person attempts to drive it away. Specifically:-
TVM0180 - Examples of Fleet Specifications 25.10.16
This member authority is seeking to draft a fleet specification, to
enable a procurement process for a new fleet of refuse vehicles.
They have no prior documentation to work from and would be very
grateful to hear from any member authority who would be willing to
share an example of a fleet specification they have used, to help
structure and prepare their own documentation.
TVM0178 - Medical Declarations 20.10.16
This member authority would be very grateful if you could reply to
let u know whether or not you request signed medical declarations
b) All using machinery and equipment
If yes to either a) or b), they would also be grateful if you could
please indicate how frequently you request this and how you
process and store these documents.
TVM0175 - Speeding in Council vehicles: Procedures/Actions 02.09.16
A member authority would like to ask fellow Council Members what
action they take if drivers are found to be speeding in Council
(This query refers to evidence provided by the Police Authorities in
the form of "Notice of Intended Prosecution")
TVM0174 - Workshop Hearing Protection 24.08.16
This member authority would be grateful for any information
colleagues can provide in relation to workshop hearing protection,
1. What type of protection is worn by apprentice mechanics and
mechanics in a vehicle workshop?
2. Is wearing hearing protection mandatory (Yes/ No)?
3. Do you have professional noise checks carried out within the
workshop (Yes/ No)?
4. Do you carry out audiometric tests for apprentices/
mechanics (Yes/ No)?
TVM0173 - Automated under chassis wash equipment 11.08.16
This local authority is currently redeveloping one of their sites and
are looking to install an automated under chassis wash was part of
this. They would be grateful if colleagues could provide responses
to the following questions:
1) What are your general experiences of automated under
chassis cleaning systems?
2) What equipment manufacturer do you use?
3) Would you recommend this equipment?
4) In hindsight is there anything you would change about your
TVM0172 - Vehicle washing facility maintenance 11.08.16
This local authority is interested to find out from colleagues who
they use to maintain, supply and carry out alterations to jet wash
and drive through vehicle washing facilities?
TVM0171 - Daily driver pre use checks 03.08.16
This member authority would like to receive information on daily
driver pre use checks, including specialised equipment such as
sweepers, gritters and RCVs etc. Any information you are willing to
share would be greatly appreciated.
TVM0170 - Torque procedures & toolbox talks 03.08.16
This member authority would like to receive information on torque
procedures and toolbox talks. If you could provide any examples of
these along with your response this would be greatly appreciated.
TVM0169 - Vehicle Replacement Programme 29.06.16
A member authority is seeking to establish a replacement plan for
its now aged vehicle fleet.
(They are currently looking at a 3-5 year rolling programme)
Do you have a vehicle replenishment / replacement policy or plan
that you can share?
TVM0168 - Life Cycle Replacement Age of Vehicles 13.06.16
This local authority would like to hear from colleagues in relation to
what your life cycle replacement age is for vehicles. Specifically
they would be interested to receive information on the following
2. Light Goods Vehicle up to 3500Kg
4. Goods Vehicles 3500Kg to 7500Kg
5. Vehicles 7500Kg to 44000Kg
TVM0167 - Fleet Operations - Service Plans 13.05.16
A member authority is reviewing their service planning for fleet
They would welcome examples of service plans from other Councils
· Fleet procurement
· Fleet Safety
· Risk rating
· Asset disposal
· HGV MOT’s
TVM0166 - Review of Fleet and Business Mileage 10.05.16
This member authority would like to hear from other local authorities
regarding fleet and business mileage. Specifically:-
1. Grey Fleet
This local authority is currently reviewing its grey fleet mileage with
a goal of reducing carbon emissions and costs. They would like to
learn from any steps taken by other local authorities to promote
sustainable travel or reduce business mileage. They are seeking
answers to the following questions:
• What steps (if any) have been taken to promote sustainable
travel or reduce business mileage?
• How has business travel policy been used to promote any
• How effective have any new initiatives been?
• What were the main challenges and how were these
• How do you record data on staff mileage claims – is it
captured electronically or manually?
• How is this information used?
This authority is also currently reviewing its fleet vehicle utilisation,
using vehicle tracking information to establish whether vehicles are
being used on a day to day basis. They are hoping to identify
vehicles which are under-utilised, and to make more efficient use of
their vehicles overall. They are seeking answers to the following
• Have you done a review of vehicle utilisation?
• If so, how did you undertake it?
• What were the outcomes of the review?
• Did you take a new approach to managing the fleet following the review?
TVM0165 - Social Pricing of School Transport 05.03.16
A member authority is exploring the ‘social pricing’ of school
To inform that decision, they would like to know:
· Does your authority have a ‘social pricing policy’ (e.g.,
discounting travel charges for families with more than one child
· The nature of that policy (i.e., across the entire Council area
or only at individual schools, the level of ‘discount’ and how it is
‘targeted’ and or applied)?
· Does this apply to all pupils or only certain age groups?
· How is the policy funded?
TVM0164 - Driving Licence Renewal 03.05.16
In light of recent events involving drivers, a council is reviewing its
approach to checking driving licenses
· How often do you check driving licenses?
· What triggers a new check?
· What medical information do you require?
· Who conducts any medical examinations and when are these
· Do you accept a medical certificate from the Drivers GP?
TVM0163 - Vehicle Break-ins 07.04.16
A member authority has been experiencing a spate of vehicle breakins
to their panel vans especially Fiat Ducato’s. The damage
caused has been very significant.
They are interested to hear from others on the following:
· Have you experienced similar break-ins?
· Are they targeting specific vehicle types / makes?
· How have the thieves entered the vehicle?
· What action have you taken to counteract the problem?
TVM0162 - Drug and alcohol testing 10.03.16
A member authority would like to know if any other authorities
operate spot checks or other means of checking fitness to work with
regards to drug and alcohol testing? They would be grateful to hear
from anyone willing to share their systems and experiences.
TVM0161 - Fleet Availability 01.03.16
A member authority is seeking a definition of vehicle availability (i.e.
time not in workshop)
If you measure Fleet Availability
• What do you include in your calculation?
• What do you exclude?
TVM0160 - SEN School Transport - Taxi Rate per Mile 21.01.16
A member authority is reviewing the rates it pays for home to school
transport for SEN pupils
· What is the current rate you pay per mile for taxi’s?
· What is the additional cost if an attendant is required?
TVM0159 - Protecting unattended vehicles 05.01.16
This local authority would like to know if any colleagues are using a
system (such as Drivelock) to secure refuse vehicles? These
systems enable the driver to leave the engine running whilst
operating ancillary equipment and immobilises the vehicle if an
unauthorised person attempts to drive it away. Specifically:-
1. What system do you use?
2. Do you have any feedback/ comments on the system in use?